FRIDAY MARCH 13 2020 [Updated 6:30pm]
China government spokesman says U.S. military may have brought virus to China
- U.S. National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said the speed of China's reaction to the emergence of the coronavirus had probably cost the world two months
- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said it was the United States that lacked transparency.
Trump Throws Surveillance Bill Into Chaos With Implicit Veto Threat
- If Mr. Trump does derail the effort by congressional leaders of both parties to get some kind of bill passed by Sunday, the F.B.I. would at least temporarily lose three powers that lawmakers created after the Sept. 11 attacks.
The latest on what's purculating in the news.
Additional coronavirus cases in Michigan, bringing total to 12
BANGER NOTE : Reports that Windsor Machine in Taylor is shut down for the time being after a worker there was thought to have coronavirus.
The facility isn't far from the banger studios.
EXCLUSIVE : The John Lebang show has spoken to an person with knowledge of the situation. They confirm the facility will be shut until Monday.
"Patient Zero had contact with several employees
Trump declares national emergency
- Freeing up as much as $50 billion for state and local governments to respond to the outbreak.
- Trump also said he himself had yet to be tested for the virus, despite exposure to people who have since tested positive for it.
BANGER NOTE : Complete analysis of the speech is coming. Stay tuned
National Guard activated in six states, more to come.
- The governors of Florida, Iowa, Louisiana, New York, Rhode Island and Washington have all activated components of their Army and Air National Guard
- At the national level, Guard members are training personnel on COVID-19 response, identifying and preparing National Guard facilities for use as isolation housing, and compiling state medical supply inventories
- Currently, 33 states have declared states of emergencies to mobilize greater resources and streamline responses